Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hobbies

Since moving to Rancho Cucamonga, I have had so much free time on my hands. Jeff stays at the library until it closes at 11:30 almost every night so I have found many new hobbies. It has been nice to try all these new things that I previously never had time for. These are the new hobbies I've tried that have really stuck:
COOKING
I LOVE cooking! It is so fun to search through cookbooks and the internet for new and exciting recipes. Although Jeff isn't home for dinner I try to make things that he can take for lunch the next day and I always cook a big meal on Sundays. One of my favorite gifts I got for our wedding was a recipe box that one of my bridesmaids, Mollie made me. She had all of my bridesmaids give her recipes and she put them all together in this box. I seriously have so many good recipes in there, I love it! The other place I love to get recipes from is http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/. Seriously if you haven't looked at her website before GO NOW. She is amazing and I love cooking her food because she has a picture on her website of every step!
KNITTING
I never thought I would love to knit, but I do. My grandma gave me some knitting supplies for Christmas and a great video to get me started and I am hooked! It is so relaxing and I love trying all of the stitches. I need to work on my patience though because I keep starting something then stopping because I want to try something else.
READING THE ENSIGN
We had a lesson in church recently that made me realize that I really should read the words of our current prophet more often. I had never really read the Ensign too much, especially moving around in college all the time I guess I never thought to get a subscription. I am so glad that I did. It is so uplifting and I always learn so much.
(The Ensign is a magazine that our church publishes once a month. It has stories and messages written by members of our church all over the world. You can check it out at www.lds.org/ensign)
NETFLIX
This might not really be a hobby but I am counting it as one. My wonderful sister-in-law, Jenny and her husband Damon got Jeff and I a Netflix subscription for Christmas. It is the best thing that ever happened to me! Ok, maybe not, but I LOVE IT! I love to knit while watching a movie on my computer, or sprinting to the mail box after work when I know that the next movie from my queue is waiting for me.

If you have any hobbies you love, let me know! I have loved trying all of these new things!

4 comments:

  1. Ooo...yes I love cooking, too! I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY cooking and knitting!!!! I love these, if you ever want to venture into crocheting let me know! :D

    -deeeeefrisc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Defrisc! I really do want to crochet too! I bought a book that is for knitting and crocheting but for some reason the crocheting is intimidating to me. I will have to have you help me next time I'm home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also I just remembered you should check out foodgawker.com and craftgawker.com for recipes/project ideas! yeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete